Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Modern & sustainable agriculture for tribal farmers@JEEVIKA Jhabua


My name is Visiya Khadiya. I live in Manpur village ( Thandla block-Jhabua)and my house number is 53, which is situated in ward number 03. We are traditional farmers, our families doing this job from decades, or may be from centuries. I have 3 hectare farm land in my possession.

Earlier, I don’t have any idea of modern agricultural techniques and newly developed healthy pesticides for my agricultural practices. Earlier we just buy seed from the market, which we get easily and in low cost, and just sow them in our farm lands. We didn’t know anything about farm fertilization and other effect of different crops on farm lands. When Jeevika Team came into our knowledge, we found a guide for our farming practices. They told us about mixed cropping and hedawadi technique. They told how it is beneficial for our lands. Now, after knowing so much through Jeevika project, I am planning to adopt mixed-cropping and Hedawadi Plantation. I have prepared my land for mixed cropping and made all the pits for Hedawadi plantations. This year, I am planning to sow tamatoo, soyabean, chilli, rice, cotton, maize, Jwar, Khodra, Black Gram, Lady finger etc. I am also planning to plant some fruit trees on my farm boundary. I have planned to plant mango, lemon, orange, chikku and kathal at my farm.

For more on CARITAS INDIA JEEVIKA log on to www.jeevikacaritas.blogspot.com

By JEEVIKA-Pragati-Jhabua team

No comments:

Post a Comment