Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Increasing agriculture production for small tribal farmers through JEEVIKA approach@Jhabua


My name is Tol Singh, i live in Saagwani, talaab faliya ( Thandla block-Jhabua-Madhya Pradesh) and my house number is 94. I have 2 Bigha farm land and our land is on hilly area. Our agricultural yield is very low, due to hilly area. Traditionally, we grow same crop maize. Some months ago, Jeevika Team came into our life they told us about the culture of mono-cropping and its harms. They told us, in the case of mono-cropping, because of sudden change in our climate or any other sudden shock, like bacterial attack, can harm our whole yield, because same bacteria can harm same crop, but same bacteria can’t harm two different types of crops. Here they introduced the technique of mixed cropping and we got the idea. Most of the farmers in that meeting were ready to adopt mixed cropping and protect their crop from sudden shocks.

They also told us about Hedawadi technique of plantation, now we have prepared our lands for mixed cropping and made all the pits for Hedawadi plantations. I am planning to plant some fruit trees also into my field, so that in future I can get some extra income and my children will get some fruits to eat. As mixed cropping I am going to sow khodra, bajra, makka, kuri, bavti and gwargum. At last I would like to thank Team Jeevika without them it was completely impossible for us to know such an important issues.

For more on CARITAS INDIA JEEVIKA log on to www.jeevikacaritas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment